Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Grateful

A lot of times I blog about negative things. Things that irritate me, days that I feel like screaming or drowning myself, or important decisions that need to be made or have been made. Not because I am an inherently grouchy person, but because writing helps me work things out! But, I often THINK about things I am grateful for. I just don't often write about them because they give me peace, not that desperate crazy helpless feeling I get from those argh! moments.

My friend Ashley does this 52 Blessings thing on her blog. Basically, once a week (for a year, hence the 52), you post about something you are thankful for. Here's a link to the 52 Blessings Project on Flickr. I noticed on her blog that last week was week #26, and I thought that sounded like a good time to start counting my blessings! Since we are officially halfway through the year, I plan to start posting my blessings from now on, 2 a week.

52 Blessings ~ Week #27

1. My Children ~ I am not a woman of great patience, so there are many times when I am NOT thankful for my children's BEHAVIOR. But, I am always thankful for these 4 little people who grace me with their presence in my life every day! I am grateful for their companionship, their unconditional love, their creativity, their compassion, their energy, and their patience! I am grateful that they seem to find the fun in everything that they do. I am grateful that they are smart, healthy, happy, and filled with love.

2. My Backyard ~ It is big and somewhat plain, and I love it! It has plenty of room for the trampoline, kiddy pool, sprinklers, and whatever other adventures the kids dream up. Today they are running a stuffed animal hospital out of a princess tent in a little corner of shade. So fun! My favorite time is when the grass is freshly cut and the garden freshly weeded, like it is today (thanks to Shawn, sorry for the sore back)!

3 comments:

Cook Family said...

Your yard looks gorgeous! I, too am grateful for 4 healthy, beautiful children and for a wonderful yard. God is very good to us :).

Ashley said...

Yay! I am glad that you are starting to do this. Those are two good blessings to "kick off" the project with!

Erica R Hopper said...

Hello! Thank you for the comment on my blog. :) There will definitely be more blog entries to come! I have a ton of books. :D
-Erica