Sunday, December 20, 2009

A bit of randomness

I just uploaded (is that the right term?) some pics from my camera - 59 to be exact, and exactly 37 of them are worthless. That's what happens when mommy does not monitor the children's use of the camera, and the children use the camera liberally! On Saturday, the girls had their last bball game of this season (more on that later). Well, Jagger and his little friend got a hold of the camera and proceeded to take pictures of everything - each other, the court, the kids, the floor, fuzz from their hands being to close to the lense. Emma must have also had her fun with it, because I found several self-portraits, which are no big surprise, her favorite! Then back to Jagger this afternoon, the result of which included about 8 shots of Shawn on the couch, one very close close-up of a football, and either the couch cushion or the carpet; along with many many "thumb blocking half the shot" shots. Hee, hee, hee. I probably should set more defined boundaries on camera use, but that's one where I go back and forth between thinking it's okay for them to use it, and then thinking it makes me really irritated when they use it. I suppose that's one of those things that falls under the category of "Is it eternal?" Thanks to my wise friend Robyn for that little barometer!


So, here is my best attempt at capturing the peace and loveliness of my sweet little Christmas tree:



I have seen enough beautiful pictures of sweet home Christmas trees lately to know that this is not one! How is this accomplished? I even fiddled around with the settings on my camera, and still couldn't make it look pretty. Come on, I know I have some photography-lovin' friends out there - help!!
And how about this one - is it New Year's card worthy? (Best of intentions indicate that I actually WILL get cards sent out this year, if not a wee bit late)!
I actually think this one is cuter, but I don't know, do people want to see the kids being wiggly and trying to run away - what do you think?
I have done so crappy with posting my blessings (52 Blessings project), but tonight I am thankful for a warm, safe home, and boys who love their momma!

Merry Christmas, friends. I hope this blessed week brings you peace and joy.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I think your tree is beautiful, warm, and inviting. My opinion on the New Year's card picture: I think you should use the wiggly one of the kids trying to run away. It adds character!