Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Princess Hair, Memorial Day

Well, let me just say, I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF! I have not one single creative bone in my body, and I am usually very much not good at this kind of stuff, but still, I managed to do THIS to Bella's hair:

Oh, I just reread that and does it sound like I came up with this do all by myself? Well, I did not. I found this blog, The Story of a Princess and Her Hair. It's awesome, she posts frequently with pics and step-by-step easy instructions. So fun! I know there are lots of hair style blogs out there, this one is really good for little girls, and pretty girly-girl styles, at that. Anyone have one for older, less frilly girls (Emma)?

Shawn didn't have to work yesterday, and actually turned down a fishing invite from my dad to spend time with the fam. Once I recovered from my heart attack, I decided we'd better do something fun or else this would never happen again! But, since we had little time to plan and even less money to spend, we decided to take a drive and a picnic up to Mesa Falls. Our picnic turned into Jack-In-The-Box in the car on the way up, but oh well. Gary and Amber and fam went with us. We went to upper Mesa first, walked around, tried to keep toddlers from going into the falls, and let the older girls loose with the cameras. They have an old inn that has been turned into a museum of sorts/ gift shop. It's pretty cool. They had a cast of a grizzly bear print - man, those things are huge! We stopped at Warm River to play in the water and watch some enormous fish jump for their food. That was definitely the highlight for Shawn and Gar. The kids too, I think they mostly just loved being in the water again after a long winter! It was so warm, and I had insisted that my kids wear jeans, because it was forcasted to be a cooler day, and I figured up there would be ever cooler. Actually, the jeans were somewhat of a punishment for the girls, who had spent the better part of the morning arguing with each other, arguing with me over wardrobe options, and avoiding doing their chores. Argh! Anyway, on the way back, instead of taking the main road, we followed the river pretty much the whole way home. It took about twice as long, but it was fun. (You can take the fisherman out of the river, but you can't take the river out of the fisherman!) We even caught a stonefly and held it captive in a Jack cup. But it escaped. I expect to find it wandering around the van, half-dead, any day now.


These are just a few of my faves - I put more on Facebook.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I saw Bella's cute hair Sunday and it looked awesome! I have a couple of Hair blogs on my sidebar. I'll have to look at them to see if it is anything Emma would like...

Anonymous said...

I love Bella's hair! The twins I watch are constantly asking for cute hair. I am bookmarking that site!

tanya said...

I studied Bella's hair for quite a while during Sacrament meeting! I'm impressed...I have no hair skills. Great Mesa Falls pics, looks like a fun place.

Michelle said...

I'll have to look for that and see if I can do it in Mayli's hair - - that's really cute!

Michelle said...

Oh, and I like the no wading sign . . . then the picture of just that going on... :)