Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Grease

Grease - one of my all-time favorite movies - was on ABC Family the other day. (Don't get me started on the list of very inappropriate movies/TV shows they play on ABC Family). Anyway, the girls recorded it to the DVR, and we have been watching it constantly. We sing all the songs, and even do some of the dance moves, like the HAND JIVE! The girls' favorite song is Stranded at the Drive In. Not sure if that's the official name of the song, but you get the idea. It's the one that Danny sings after he gets fresh with Sandy, and she stomps off saying, "You think I'm going to stay here with you in this, this SIN WAGON?!" It's so hilarious, all of them can sing the song perfectly, even Jagger. I love the way he says "Whyeeeyyyy oh why..." And then Bella, quoting Danny as he sulks on the swing, "Sandy, my darlin', you hurt me real bad." Verbatim. I kid you not. I was ROLLING the first time I heard her say that!

Jagger loves Sandy. He points her out in the movie and starts talking about her anytime he hears the music or one of the girls sings the songs, etc. The funny thing is, I have an Aunt Sandy who totally loves and dotes on my kids. Jagger LOVES her. I think he thinks Olivia Newton-John is his Aunt Sandy!
By the way, has anyone ever noticed that Grease is a DIRTY movie? I have been keeping track of the not-so-subtle inuendos (that I never picked up on before). My favorite one is when Rizzo says to Kenickie, "What's up, Kenick?" and he replies (with his best come hither look), "One guess." Hah!!!

6 comments:

Cook Family said...

sounds like a blast--makes me want to see the movie again!

Ashley said...

I love this movie too and I have noticed the dirt! Dang it, now that song is stuck in my head. I wish I could have seen/heard your kids, how hilarious!

Melissa said...

yes, I never saw the movie growing up, and when I got married Robert was like you HAVEN'T SEEN GREECE? so we watched. IT had been a few years since he had seen it too and he was like I don't remember all these inuendo's! But we liked it anyway!

idahohubers said...

It's been so long since I've seen that movie! The songs and dances are so fun - classics! Love it. We may have to add it to the girls' night list. I wasn't allowed to watch Grease as a teenager because of the "message it sent" and "inappropriate content" were likely the words my mom used. I eventually saw it my senior year or in college and several times since then of course! I did notice the inuendos and was like 'oh, now I see what my mom was trying to keep me from.'

OK - so which movie has more 'dirt': Mamma Mia or Grease?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I love Grease...but not as much as my husband Ted. It makes me want to rent it for family night, tonight!

Michelle said...

Actually my kids never saw it until they saw it at the school in Band one day. . . I would not let them watch it. I guess I'm a meanie!