Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jilted

I have decided: I HATE THE BACHELOR. Up until this season, I had serious doubts about whether one could really find love on TV. Jason Messnick changed my mind. Here was a DAD, someone who knew all that was at stake, and would never take something such as finding a future wife lightly. He was full of integrity, hope, and love for his son. I was SURE that, as things progressed with Melissa, she was the one! (I actually did a little cheer when he sent Molly on her way. Nothing against Molly.) THEN....After the final rose. Just kidding, Melissa, sorry, I meant MOLLY. Molly's really the one for me. I just don't think we're right for each other. WHAT!? I'm afraid I have to agree with Melissa on this one, Jason Messnick is a bastard.



So, here are several reasons why I think that the Bachelor is a flawed experiment (I'm being generous with flawed, I actually believe it is a failed experiment. Except for Trista and Ryan. 99% failed.)

1. The Bachelor/Bachelorette always looks for the contestants to be real, to let their guard down and express their true feelings. I'm sorry, but I call BS on this one. They don't really want the date to be real, because the minute something real happens, they send 'em home. I think they want people to be on their best behavior, they want the fairy tale. REAL LIFE IS NOT A FAIRY TALE, JASON. OF COURSE THE CHEMISTRY IS GOING TO CHANGE WHEN YOU'RE NOT ON A FANTASY VACATION IN FREAKIN' NEW ZEALAND!

2. I believe it is possible to love 2 people at one time. Monogamy is a choice. That's why people who aren't on TV can't get away with behaving the way the Bachelors and Bachelorettes do. (Um, even if you could stomach most of it, how about the FANTASY SUITE?)

3. Putting that many good looking people together at one time in one place is a recipe for disaster. Honestly, I think this thing with Jason was just him needing to try out all the flavors at Cold Stone before he ordered his ice cream. But, come on, even my 6-year-old can eventually make up her mind.



Whew, I feel better now.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Amen Sista!!

'nuff said!

Anonymous said...

This guy is a gutless wreck. Melissa, get a real man -Jason is a selfish %^&* . Run for the hills. run....run from this guy. He is nowhere near good enough for you! Shame on ABC for pimping these women and this man and hurting a four yr old who will form bonds and be confused by not seeing these women again. This is beyond the pale. I WILL NEVER WATCH THE BACHELOR AGAIN!!!!!

Cook Family said...

didn't see any of it, not that I didn't want to--just don't get that channel. sounds like it's a good thing I missed it.

idahohubers said...

Wow! They should have had you on .."after the rose part 2" because he was trying and trying to stir up this kind of response out of the crowd. You should have been in the audience!

Ashley said...

I feel the same way! I totally have no respect for the butthead anymore! And what is Molly thinking, taking him back... RRRR!