Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Addict

So, my newest hobby is buying music online. I am ADDICTED! It's soooo much cheaper to buy music online than in the stores. I think. I actually haven't compared lately, because that would require having the time to get out of the house and do something fun, just for me. My favorite is Barnes and Noble, because I have a membership, and with free shipping, I can get real CD's for almost as cheap as the downloads from iTunes. And I usually buy the whole album at once because I am just not creative enough to make my own awesome playlist. I have a love-hate relationship with iTunes. Love because they always have the new stuff, and most of the old stuff. Love because for the most part, they offer real reviews, not the lame, cliche snapshots you find elsewhere. Love because it's really easy to navigate, find what you're looking for. Hate because I do not have an iPod. Only because I would want the good one, with the touch screen, etc., not the Shuffle like Shawn and Em have. And the good one is just a wee bit beyond my price range. And by wee I mean several hundred dollars. Hate also because iTunes does not maintain an account database for you of all the music you have purchased. For example, a few months ago, my computer had some serious issues, and we had to completely wipe out the hard drive and reload all of the software. Upon reloading iTunes, my music was GONE! Now, of course I had backed everything up to CD's, but when you import homemade CD's into iTunes, the artist/song names do not appear. I have searched my iTunes account for a way to re-load all of my old music onto my "new" computer, but have completely failed. By the way, if anyone knows how to do this, or has a computer-geek for a husband (affectionately speaking), please help!
Yes, I have been buying music online just today! Two from Muse, and the new Blue October. Hope it's good! I was very tempted to get the Grease soundtrack, but someday when my kids understand what those lyrics mean, I want them to have forgotten that they could sing them verbatim when they were very young. :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

probably a good choise with Grease. But they are awfully fun to sing!

I'm very retarded. I have a ipod nano. But don't really know how to use it. I need to upload alot of music and have never gotten around to it. Maybe this is the year. since it will be nice enough to go walking outside soon!

Cook Family said...

100.5 classical music all the way!:) try it--you like it.